23.5.07

Closed openings: Ten poems

Just wrote these half an hour ago. My mood is swinging madly between elation and despair.

Closed Openings: Ten poems

I built a bridge
Across
A dry river bed

~~

I want
Today
For no one has introduced me to Tomorrow

~~

I saved the voice
Sounds
In my head are now not my own

~~

I gave myself
Away
Am now left with more of me

~~

Did I really throw an
Arrow
Or did you only want to tell me about your shield?

~~

If we have
Connected
Then show me the chains

~~

I scratched the
Surface
And found dead skin

~~

They stay just long
Enough
To say it was long enough

~~

The day I learn to
Fly
I will look for someone with an air gun

~~

Walk away if you
Wish
Your feet will never forget my soil

~FV

3 comments:

Amandeep said...

Short n Sweet

circle said...

blog
FV is the brilliant poetess,the best conversationalist,the true warrior...

No doubt she is the best thing that has happened to modern Indian literary world...

FV said...

Amandeep:

Are the long ones bitter or sour?!


Circle:

I am writing a lot more poetry these days, so I better be fairly good at it. I am talking a lot these days, so I better be a decent conversationalist. And I am fighting quite a bit, so I better be a good warrior. As you can see I STILL don't know how to take praise graciously :-)