25.12.12

Wayward Thoughts: Burst of Light

A burst of light makes the difference. The street is the same. The noise, the traffic, people skirting unpaved portions of a fragile road.

A burst of light makes a difference. I inhale polluted air, but the breeze offers cooling respite, branches sway and let me see kaleidoscopic images of what might be mundane.

A burst of light makes a difference. Sharing what I see from my balcony:

And a wish to all in words conveyed so well and simply by Charles Dickens:

"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home."

2 comments:

  1. Great shot, beautiful scene. Reminds me of nights when I too, would look down from my balcony in warm, breezy Karachi and wait for my parents to come home. Life was really perfect then :)

    May I please have a high res version of this image? Would like to put it up in FB. Will credit you of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Meriam. And life can be near perfect even now - through the lens!

    You may use it on FB. Please make me famous. I'm sure the tonal quality of the image is sadaa peculiar ....or is it pseudo secular?!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.