I am a mix of angry, very angry… Where are we heading with this? How does it help anyone?
We are manufacturing a state of tension. Who benefits from it we all know. The war hoopla cannot be dismissed. It is time to make these people who are promoting it answerable.
Those of you who are talking about war must pledge to:
- Send a member of your family to the war front.
- All casualties that might occur become your responsibility – which includes war widows, orphans.
- NRIs will vow to return to India and participate in the effort directly or indirectly, not merely with donations.
- Those who live and work in countries favourable to the government opposing us will pressurise that government to change its position. If they are not in a state to do so, they will leave their jobs and return to join the army to prove their loyalty to India and the war they are supporting.
- No Indian or person of Indian origin will work or live in a country that has an Islamic Constitution – therefore, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan will be struck out immediately. They will have to do that also if they indulge in Islamic bashing or referring to these societies as jihadis.
- I am assuming that you are serious about fighting terrorism and will therefore do so irrespective of the ideology the terrorists follow. You will have to give written assurances of your intent.
- Those of us who are opposed to any war will be compensated by the war proponents in the event of damage to person or property.
This is not a casual post. It is time we became pro-active and stemmed the rot of hyperbole and hot air. Let us make these people responsible for their rash war-mongering.