30.4.08

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

That’s what I like about life. The unplanned. I just came upon this clip. Reminded me of what someone had once written to me…

I don’t know you, but I just found you, just like that. Not that I was looking, you know how it is, you aren’t really looking, but then you find something. You don’t know what it is, but you like what you just found…

What I found is a precious piece of memorabilia because one has heard so much about it – the breathless tone, the beginning of something…beginnings are nice.

Yes, it is fraught with so many risks, but as JFK once said, “When written in Chinese, the word ‘crisis’ is composed of two characters – one represents danger, and the other represents opportunity.”

We get stuck in grooves. To which I again quote him, “The one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is unchangeable or certain.”

So, here is Marilyn Monroe singing for John F Kennedy…"Happy Birthday, Mr. President”



3 comments:

  1. FV:

    Very well said... oops, quoted. I believe most of the Chinese words are represented by characters having opposite meanings-- ying and yang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yin...it is...which begs the question: What is the yin and the yang in the quote...is crisis the female or male?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danger has to be yang and opportunity has to be yin...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.